GOODLETTSVILLE HELP CENTER
GUIDELINES FOR SERVICES
Must live in 37072 or 37070 zip code (also 37080/Joelton & 37189/Whites Creek for 2nd Harvest and food and clothing assistance only). Must have a picture id (i.e. driver’s licence), original Social Security Cards for each household member and show proof of current address. This must be something with your name, address and a date within the last 30 days. For rent receipts (no hand-written receipts and must be stamped) and it must identify the provider’s name; i.e. motel, mobile home park name, etc.
1. Second Harvest – food distributed by rules of Second Harvest food bank, three times in a 6-month period.
2. Partial Food Order — food distributed to those who have used their 3 Second Harvest servings.
3. Transient Food Order — ready-to-eat food distributed to those without shelter.
Except for food distribution, all of the following services will require some level of income verification.
1. Clients can receive 2 articles of clothing (or 1 outfit) per household member twice a year.
2. (1 spring/summer and 1 fall/winter) Maximum amount allowed is the number of people in household time $5.00.
3. Burn out victims may receive clothing, lineens, and household articles as available. Copy of Fire Departmment report is required.
1. Clients may receive up to $125.00 assistance on electric, gas or water bills every five years.
2. No assistance is given for telephone bills or utility deposits.
1. No assistance on rent or rent deposits.
2. 1 night stay at a local motel for transients/emergency lodging.
1. Metro Transit Authority passes are available for local travel (doctor visits/job related).
2. Bus fare to anywhere in continental U.S.A. will be paid and authorized through Traveler’s Aid (depending on circumstances).
1. Clients may receive assistance with medical/prescriptions up to a maximum of $75.00.
2. Statement/bill must be presented (pharmacy/doctor statement).
1. GED testing fee reimbursement.
2. Computer skills tutoring.
1. Food Baskets for 100 residents of 37072.
2. Christmas Shop for Children whose families qualify.
When requests are made that we cannot fulfill, we try to refer clients to another agency, which may be able to provide these services.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.
ALL FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS DEPENDENT ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS.