In 2009, we helped 10,030 people in 3,435 familes. Some were single parents, senior citizens, children, homeless, veterans, jobless, transients and survivors of emergencies (fire, tornados). It is reported that 1 out of 6 Americans are hungry and with today’s economy, GHC sees more families seeking help because they just can’t make ends meet.
We cannot continue serving the community without your help. Our income comes from donations and grants. Donations are tax deductible. To keep GHC open and operating, we need funding to provide the support we give to so many.
While Second Harvest provides much of our food, there just is not enough. Here are ways you can offer your “Helping Hand” against Hunger:
- Donate or coordinate a food drive of non-perishable food. This would include canned meats and fish, canned fruits and vegetables, peanut butter and jelly, meal makers like Hamburger Helper, macaroni and cheese, tomato products, cereals, grits and oatmeal. Please no expired food
- Donate your time and talents as a GHC Volunteer. Please contact Karen at 859-4706 to discuss volunteer opportunities
- Donate new or gently used clothing for our Thrift Store.
- Talk to your employer and co-workers about organizing a food drive, fundraising event or volunteering with us.
The following is a list of items we need for our Center:
- Five (5) drawer filing cabinets.
- Food drive donation cardboard boxes at least 4 feet tall;
- New items of value for our November Silent Auction including gift certificates
- Toys, gift cards, and teen gifts for our annual Christmas Toy Store